Smile for the birdie

So there I was, sitting in the driver's seat before my morning route, waiting for the heater to warm up, when all of a sudden something hit me in the back of the head -- and then it fluttered in front of my face.

At first I thought, "Boy that's a big bug," but when it perched on my dashboard I saw it was a little bird.

"No how did YOU get on this bus?" I thought to myself. "And do you have a note saying you can ride today?"

Of course he didn't, so I opened up the door and the driver-side window hoping the little critter would make a quick exit so I could start my route -- and the little bugger flew to the back of the bus.

I could tell he was a new rider because it sat itself on the back of the seat. All my regular riders know NEVER to sit on the back of the seat. They sit IN the seat!

Anyways, I walked to the back of the bus, the bird flew to the front, and right out the window.

I'm mostly upset about one thing: Our transportation supervisor didn't give me any paperwork on this new rider.

I guess I'll have to talk to him about that on Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!