Part Two: The cows are against me

Okay, now I'm going to finish what I started last week, but was rudely interrupted by Hurricane Ike.

My bus route is probably the only route in Texas that goes through a cow pasture -- complete with cattle guards and cows. Usually when I head through the cow pasture, the cows are way off somewhere else, leaving me and my bus and my kiddoes happily alone. But THIS year, the cows seem to enjoy standing on the road, taking care of "business" (if you know what I mean), leaving me with a smelly, stinky bus.

Sometimes the cows move out of my way as I drive up, but other times they seem to stand there as if they're daring me to hit them.

Well, let me tell you what happened the other day. As I was approaching the cow pasture, about 20 cows were standing at the cattle guard, lined up like they were the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys, staring at me as if they were saying, "Yeah, you just try to come through here." Those cows didn't move until I was almost right in front of them, and then when they DID move, they seemed to be doing it reluctantly, even sarcastically, as if they were saying, "Yeah, we'll move, but only because we don't want to embarrass you in front of all those kids."

Like I said before: The cows are against me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!