I think I'm in love

Until Wednesday, I didn't believe my thoughts and words affected what went on in my daily life. But then I started singing that song, "That's The Night That The Lights Went Out In Georgia," and do you know what happened? My bus headlights went out. At 6:30 in the morning, when it's good and dark. And nothing will wake up a bus driver faster than having no headlights.

The first time it happened I was going pretty slow and had only one rider on the bus. But the next time it happened, I was going downhill, on gravel, and when I slammed on those brakes, you should have seen that bus fishtail. Luckily, I still only had one rider, but her eyes let me know exactly what she was thinking: "What's that man doing with the lights? And why do I have to die in a school bus?"

Well, I called up Eduardo, the bus maintenance guy (Don't worry -- I called while the bus was stopped) and he brought me a new bus right away -- and I mean new. It was bus No. 18, and you could still smell the new in it. And the engine was real quiet. And the door didn't rattle. And the heater worked. And the blinkers turned off automatically, by themselves. It was so new, the governor hadn't been set.

I think I'm in love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!