A Bus Driver's Prayer

Dear God in Heaven,

Thank you for the rain. I supposed we needed it, but it would have been nice if it had quit just as I was parking the bus. I had to walk all the way back to the building, without an umbrella, and had to change my clothes when I got there.

Thank you for giving me the idea to stash a change of clothes in the building just in case of emergencies, like getting sopping wet in the rain. Unfortunately, my "stash" clothes are several years old, and they were bought at a time when I was a whole lot skinnier. (Must remember to update stash).

Thank you for giving me great kids on the bus -- even Little Johnny in the back. I'm not sure why you put him on my bus, and I would certainly be grateful if you saw fit for him to move away (like to Alaska, or Nova Scotia), but I will survive! And I will be victorious!

Thank you for Snow Days! I know it's a bit early, but just for fun, couldn't you surprise us with one -- say, like tomorrow?

Oh well, I understand you can't always get what you ask for.

Amen anyways!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!