Decisions, decisions, decisions

Skunk by Dan Kaiser
Yesterday, five minutes into my morning route, with no kids onboard, I had to make a decision that I thankfully don't have to make every day.

So there I was, minding my own business, when a skunk (and believe me, there was no doubt that it was a skunk), when a skunk jumped into my lane and dared me to run over it. In the blink of an eye, I saw the skunk, looked in my side mirror to see if there were any cars in the next lane (which there was, but he was well behind me), looked back at the skunk's nasty little butt (I was that close), and was just swerving into the next lane when the little monster jumped back into the bushes.

I think it was playing chicken.

If it had been a little rabbit or a squirrel, there wouldn't be any question -- you squash the little bugger flat! But it was a SKUNK! And when you hit a skunk, you smell it until the day you die.

So I swerved. And if there had been a car there, I think I would have made the same decision. Remember, if you hit a skunk, You Smell It Until The Day You Die!

What would YOU have done?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!