Two whole weeks of vacation bliss

The last kid got off the bus, I turned off my master switch, coasted into the bus yard, set the brake -- and went on break! I thought about sweeping up some of the trash, but hey, it can wait until I get back. I've got two weeks of peace and quiet coming to me, and I'm not going to waste a minute. Two whole weeks of being still, talking softly, of not having to worry about who's doing what, where, when, how and why! And it couldn't have come at a better time! I don't think I could have handled one more week of driving.

So, if you don't mind, I will sign off for now and will meet up with you again after the new year. 2009! Can you believe it? And it seems just like 1985 was yesterday and I was driving my first bus! I even remember telling Mrs. Blasingame (secretary at the elementary school) that all I wanted for Christmas was a school bus -- and she gave me one! A Tonka School Bus! And I still have it!

And now -- Christmas break! Have a Merry Christmas, and I'll see you on the other side!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Check This Out!